Keep a sharp eye on the GDPR - There’s a new sheriff in town
Nov 29, 2017
With the upcoming arrival of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May, 2018, organizations across all member countries would do well to initiate the necessary steps toward swift compliance. Penalties can be stiff (4% of total worldwide turnover, or €20 million, whichever is greater), but there is no need to worry. SAP has announced a new line of privacy tools to assist customers in getting in step with these new GDPR standards, making compliance simple, efficient and painless.
Newsletter Q1Newsletter Q2Newsletter Q3NEWSLETTER Q4SAP SuccessFactors
How will this affect you? Check our Q4 Newsletter to stay on top of the curve, which provides insight into all major and minor enhancements within SuccessFactors. Until then, here’s a quick summary of privacy changes:
• Your emloyees will have the right to see their information files.
• Employees who leave the organization may request a hard delete of their personal data.
• Data Blocking may be requested, making an employee’s record inaccessible after an agreed upon cutoff point.
• Job applicants now have the option to give their consent, allowing their personal data to be filed for future use.
• The system will now log any Important Data being read, as well as any changes to records.
Want to learn more about the GDPR? We can guide you through the key changes, discuss updates in privacy rules and help you make the transition easier.